Learn about the format and content of the exam.
What the Examination Covers
The Written Component of the PCE tests the essential competencies of physiotherapy practice. This includes the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for safe and effective physiotherapy practice. PCE testing topics include:
- Taking a client’s history
- Conducting a physical examination
- Data interpretation
- Clinical problem solving
- Treatment techniques
The following areas of practice:
The Format of the Written Component
- A 200-question, multiple choice examination.
- Uses a computer-based test format.
- Is available in both English and French.
After successfully completing the Written Component of the PCE, contact your regulator to learn more about requirements to become fully licensed. This may include an assessment of your clinical skills.